POLICY OFFICER – Job Description
The role of the policy officer is to support the Trustees in the smooth, efficient and safe running of the Charity. Attends executive meetings as a member, and Trustee meetings as adviser ( unless the postholder becomes a trustee. )
Ensures the following key policies are adhered to and these and all other policies are reviewed annually
Health and Safety
Creates policies for agreement by trustees as necessary, to ensure that decisions are made in a coherent manner in accordance with our charitable objectives.
- Takes a key role in creating the annual development plan and monitors its delivery through the year in collaboratioan with the Executive Group and Trustees.
- Attends executive and trustee meetings to give an update on the delivery of the plan, making suggestions for amendments to the plan as necessary
- Assists in event planning by carrying out risk assessments
Qualities and Skills required:
- Organizational ability
- Knowledge of key legislation – e,g Data Protection Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, Charity Law.
- Experience of policy work and procedures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Well organised and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work well with the chair.