Donations Co-ordinator – job description
This role will act as main contact point for mentors/ befrienders who are seeking items for their mentees/ families.
Role Key Elements:
- Provide a report to the executive meetings; attend executive meetings or appointing a deputy.
- Liaise with other Dar leads- most especially but not restricted to the Mentor Co-ordinator and Drop- in co-ordinator in seeking to ensure that migrants receive the items they need.
- Respond to offers of donations sent to our email or facebook page ( as forwarded by the secretary ) Arrange pick up and drop off to migrants homes as required ( liaising as necessary with those with transport.)
- Make requests as required via our FACEbook page
- Maintain an inventory of requests as notified by mentors/ the mentor co-ordinator to match with potential offers of donations.
- Maintain a photographic directory of items offered that mentors and those at the drop in can show to migrants to see if they would like any of the offers.
- Update the contacts log with donations dropped off.
- Be aware of sources of donations/ cheap items ( Kings Church, Humankind) and advise mentors accordingly .
Qualities and skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain a database/ spreadsheet
- An ability to form good working relationships with colleagues and to work cooperatively in a team
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be respectful of others