The co-ordinator will be responsible for facilitating the weekly drop-in.
Role Key Elements:
- Ensure that the venue is opened on time and the venue cleaned and locked securely (when appropriate) at the end of each session.
- Maintain a register of attendees; refugees, asylum seekers and members.
- Maintain contact numbers of attendees.
- Ensure that there are an adequate number of volunteers attending the drop-in.
- Liaise with the Donations Coordinator to ensure that suitable donations are made available to AS/R in attendance, and that any donations left at the end of the session are removed from the venue and dealt with appropriately.
- Maintain the stock of refreshments (e.g. biscuits, drinks), costs to be covered from DAR funds.
- Facilitate a monthly shared lunch, the cost to be covered from DAR funds.
- Submit expenses to the treasurer in a timely manner.
- Hold regular meetings for DAR members attending the Drop-In sessions in order to share information and offer support.
- Liaise with Migrant Support Lead and other members of the Executive as appropriate.
- Timetable guest speakers/visits from partnership agencies as instructed from the Executive Committee.
- Send an update report in advance and attend regular Executive Meetings (currently held every 6 weeks).
Qualities and skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to organise a team of volunteers
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative