Volunteer Co-ordinator – job description
This role will act as main contact point for volunteers who are not in any team, ensuring they are kept up to date with the work of DAR and invited to all events where their skills may be utilised.
Role Key Elements:
- Provide a report to the executive meetings; attending executive meetings or appointing a deputy.
- Liaise with other Dar leads- most especially but not restricted to the Language lead, Mentor co-ordinator and Drop- in co-ordinators in seeking to t o ensure that volunteers are allocated to teams where appropriate.
- Ensure all volunteers are aware of Dar policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Keep up to date with DAR activities to be able to advise volunteers where their skills may be needed.
- Help with interviewing of potential new members
- Arrange occasional social events for DAR members, especially those not in teams to get to know each other and socialise
Qualities and skills required:
- Good communication skills
- An ability to form good working relationships with colleagues and to work cooperatively in a team
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be respectful of others